Posted Date: 08/13/2021
The Mount Ida School District is very excited to welcome all students back for an exciting and safe 21-22 school year, beginning on Monday, August 16th.
The guidelines for our school in regards to the Covid-19 pandemic are included in our updated Ready for Learning Plan on the Mount Ida School District web page. https://www.mountidaschools.com/
Some of the key guidelines include:
· Unvaccinated students and staff will be under quarantine guidelines.
· Vaccinated students and staff will not have to quarantine unless symptoms occur.
· If any student or staff member tests positive, has symptoms, or has been a close contact to someone that is infected, parents must contact the Mount Ida School District’s Point of Contact for Covid-19, Mrs. Susan James, at 870-681-0772.
· Close Contact Quarantine Guidelines- Unvaccinated student or staff member 6ft or closer to an infected person for 15 minutes or more is considered a close contact.
· Masks are strongly recommended for all staff and students.
The Arkansas Department of Health will be hosting a Covid-19 vaccination clinic on the Mount Ida High School Campus on September 3rd for students and staff members. Information and permission slips will be sent home with each student ages 12 and over for those who choose to get the vaccine.